9 Responses

1. Ken Hissner
    Ken Hissner September 27, 2021 at 2:11 pm |

I want to thank the editor Joe K for putting up this article and the two pictures supplied by Bernard Bruni. Bernard is a class act and well deserving!

1. Dean Williams
      Dean Williams September 30, 2021 at 10:17 am |

Great interview! Of a great boxing official and ref Bernard Bruni who was one of the judges at my professional debut! And a few more of my fights! One of the best people’s I have ever met! Well deserved accomplishments! True man of God! Him and his wife Felicia are good people’s God Bless them! Dean Williams Welsh road warrior

2. john mckaie
    john mckaie September 27, 2021 at 10:51 pm |

Great story. Congratulations to a true professional and a gentleman, Bernard Bruni.

3. Dean Williams
    Dean Williams September 29, 2021 at 8:42 pm |

4. Justin McShane
    Justin McShane September 30, 2021 at 6:35 am |

I am a new Level 1 official with USA boxing in Pennsylvania. This article is great but there is one aspect missing. He is a tremendous mentor. Not only have I greatly benefited from his and his wife’s mentoring but an entire generation of officials have as well. Further, when you see him interact in particular with the young kids, it’s inspiring. Rather than scald or bark, he takes time to explain to them the rules and WHY the rule exists. Three cheers to Bernie!!

5. Bernard A Bruni
    Bernard A Bruni September 30, 2021 at 7:02 am |

Ken, thanks for your kind words and friendship! God Bless! ✝️

6. Fenton Thomas Lemmon
    Fenton Thomas Lemmon September 30, 2021 at 10:55 am |

I agree with Ken Hissner and Jeff Jowett. Bernard Bruni talked me into becoming a USA Boxing Official. Bernard is a GREAT TEACHER to those just starting out. I’ve witnessed Bernard paying membership dues for guys that couldn’t afford it. He always goes out of his way to help everyone. Some of life’s greatest lessons in and out of the ring, I’ve learned from Bernard and his family.
    Sometimes it’s “ tough love “. He always tells it like it is ! His family deserves to be recognized for supporting him during the past 43 years. Felicia has been by his side at most events with a big smile and keeps everything organized. Bernard and Felicia can run a show with perfection. I’m proud to say he is my friend. His family has welcomed me into their family, which is one of the best honors I’ve ever received. The sport of Boxing needs more officials like Bernard Bruni. The world needs more families like the Bruni family .

7. Shawn Mc Fadden
    Shawn Mc Fadden October 16, 2021 at 3:36 pm |

Congratulations to Mr. Bruni
    Over the years since I’ve made my come back to boxing it’s always been a pleasure to see Mr. and Mrs. Bruni , Mr. Bruni has officiated many of my matches . A fairer man officiating or judging there’s no one better! I also like the fact that he takes no crap LOL! No one deserves this more for the lifetime of work and time given to our kids! Thank you sir and thanks to Mrs. Bruni as well.

8. Shawn Mc Fadden
    Shawn Mc Fadden October 17, 2021 at 12:19 am |

Congratulations Mr. Bruni! Nobody deserves it more! Since my come back to boxing you have officiated many of my matches a more fair referee and judge there is none better! You are very kind, but don’t take no crap tons of respect and always look forward to seeing you And Mrs. Bruni!