6 Responses

1. Ken William Hissner
    Ken William Hissner February 25, 2021 at 5:39 pm |

I had lunch with my good friend Rich Ormsbee today. He had no idea I was doing this article on him. When I told him to check out the site there’s a “local boy” on it. He said “I cried when I read it.” That’s coming from one of the most humble people I have ever met.

2. Rich Ormsbee
    Rich Ormsbee February 25, 2021 at 5:42 pm |

I had lunch with my good friend Ken Hissner today. I had no idea he was doing this article on me. When he told him to check out the site there’s a “local boy” on it I did. “I cried when I read it.” .

3. Ken William Hissner
    Ken William Hissner February 28, 2021 at 10:28 pm |

Rich’s comment made the entire article worth it! I thought he might be upset I did it. Was a surprised when he told me his reaction! This is the kind of man he is! That pic is with his niece. I thought it was with his daughter. Meant to put one in with his wife Lynn, a real sweetheart! Back at his home after lunch his two kittens were now cats named Rich and Lynn. Thanks Rich for all you do!

4. Carol B Polis
    Carol B Polis March 1, 2021 at 4:43 am |

I do not know this gentleman, but he sounds like a wonderful human being. Ken Hissner wrote a beautiful article about this fine man. He helped many people in boxing and all are grateful to him!

5. Carol B Polis
    Carol B Polis March 1, 2021 at 4:49 am |

Rich sounds like a wonderful human being. He has helped many a boxer. Ken Hissner has written a beautiful article about him.
    I am sure all his friends and family are very proud of him!

6. Jimmy Rivera
    Jimmy Rivera March 7, 2021 at 1:31 pm |

Uncle Rich Ormsbee is a fine young man who has passed on so much knowledge and wisdom to me inside of boxing and outside of boxing. He is humble, honest and straight forward. He has been a role model and have always tried to guide kids who needed guidance in the right direction. Uncle Rich Ormsbee will always be respected.