Classic Fights, “ALL ACCESS: Broner vs. Maidana,” “I AM A FIGHTER” Features, Live Streams
& More Leading Into Boxing’s Final Blockbuster Event of 2013
NEW YORK (Dec. 9, 2013)-SHOWTIME Sports has scheduled an extensive lineup of programming across cable and premium television and digital portals in the buildup to the final blockbuster boxing event of 2013 when Adrien “The Problem” Broner faces Marcos “El Chino” Maidana on Saturday, Dec. 14, live SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING (8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT).
The diverse schedule of digital content and live programming leading up to the event will be available on SHOWTIME, SHOWTIME EXTREME®, CBS Sports Network, Sports.SHO.com, the SHOWTIME Sports® YouTube channel, SHOWTIME ON DEMAND® and on mobile devices via SHOWTIME ANYTIME®.
Below is a sampling of content to prepare fans for the fireworks they can expect next Saturday from the Alamodome in San Antonio:
- Classic Fights on SHO EXTREME, Sports.SHO.com, SHOWTIME ON DEMAND and SHOWTIME ANYTIME
- Broner vs. Malignaggi available now on Sports.SHO.com, SHOWTIME ON DEMAND and SHOWTIME ANYTIME
- Broner vs. Vicente Escobedo (Monday, Dec. 9 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT, SHO EXTREME)
- Maidana vs. Josesito Lopez (Monday, Dec. 9 at 10:50 p.m. ET/PT, SHO EXTREME)
- Maidana vs. Jesus Soto Karass (Monday, Dec. 9 at 11:15 p.m.ET/PT, SHO EXTREME)
- “ALL ACCESS: Broner vs. Maidana”
- Episode 1 available now on Sports.SHO.com, SHOWTIME ON DEMAND and SHOWTIME ANYTIME
- Episode 2 premieres Friday, Dec. 13 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
- Multiple replays on SHOWTIME EXTREME® and CBS Sports Network and available on SHOWTIME ON DEMAND and SHOWTIME ANYTIME
- “I AM A FIGHTER” Features on Adrien Broner and Keith Thurman
- Marcos Maidana Sizzle Video
- Live Streaming of Fight Week Events
- Final Press Conference On Thursday, Dec. 12 across multiple platforma
- Weigh-In on Friday, Dec. 13 across multiple platforms, including sports.sho.com/live
ABOUT “DANGER ZONE: Broner vs. Maidana,”
DANGER ZONE: Broner vs. Maidana, a 12-round fight for Broner’s WBA Welterweight World Championship taking place on Saturday, Dec. 14 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas, is promoted by Golden Boy Promotions and Leija*Battah Promotions and sponsored by Corona, AT&T, Casamigos Tequila and Grudge Match. In the 12-round co-featured attraction, Keith Thurman will defend his interim WBA Welterweight World Championship against Jesus Soto Karass. Leo Santa Cruz will put his WBC Super Bantamweight World title on the line against Cesar Seda in a 12-round bout and Beibut Shumenov faces Tamas Kovacs in a 12-round clash for Shumenov’s WBA Super & IBA Light Heavyweight World titles. The SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® telecast will air live at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT and can be heard in Spanish using secondary audio programming (SAP). Preliminary bouts will air live on SHOWTIME EXTREME® at 6:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast).
Tickets priced at $250, $200, $150, $100, $75, $50, $25, $20 and $10, plus applicable taxes, fees and services charges are available at the Alamodome box office, or through Leija*Battah Promotions by calling (210) 979-3302 or emailing email@example.com or online at www.ticketmaster.com and all Ticketmaster locations, by calling (800) 745-3000.