2013 New Jersey Amateur Boxing Schedule
* New Jersey Diamond Glove/LBC Tournament – September 6th to October 4th (Finals at Linden HS)
* September 6th – Friday – IBN-Ali – 699 Springfield Ave., Newark, N.J.
* September 7th – Saturday – IBN-Ali – 699 Springfield Ave., Newark, N.J.
* September 13th – Friday – Strategic Combat Academy Sayreville, N.J.
* September 14th – Saturday – Strategic Combat Academy Sayreville, N.J.
* September 21st – Saturday – 121 Jersey Ave., New Brunswick, N.J.
* September 27th – Friday – Dover BC – 79B Bassett Highway, Dover, N.J.
* September 28th – Saturday – South River K of C – 44-47 Wisteria Place & Sadowski Place, Perth Amboy, N.J.
* October 4th – Friday – Linden High School, 121 W Saint Georges Ave., Linden, N.J.
* October 5th – Saturday – JO Finals – Gleason’s Jersey Shore, Home of Long Branch PAL – 10 Pearl Street, Long Branch
* September 14th – Saturday – A Special Amateur Show in Seaside Heights to benefit the victims of Hurricane Sandy !!!!
Contact Jackie Atkins – 732-768-4086
* September 18th – Wednesday – General Meeting at Elizabeth Rec. 513 Richmond St., Elizabeth NJ (bayway section) Exit 13 NJ TPK. @ 7PM at Elizabeth Rec. The Nomination of Officers for the years of 2014-2015 will take place at this meeting.
We will also be having a vote on the Open Class Boxers that will be advancing to the Regionals and Nationals, as too whether or not we should support the boxers using headgear. The reasoning is that only the Elite Boxers without headgear will be advancing to International Competition.
* October 19th – Saturday – Parsippany – Charity Event
* October 26th – Saturday – UFC/Hoboken – Regular One Night Show – 316 Sinatra Drive, Hoboken
Charity Event benefiting Law Enforcement and Military Veterans honoring SSG Jorge Oliveira !!!
Weigh-In 5 PM – Boxing Starts at 7:30 PM – Pre-Matches – Contact Marco 973-951-0316
* November 2nd – The Washington Township Recreation Club is located at the intersection of Ridgewood Boulevard N & Ridgewood Boulevard E, Washington Township, NJ 07676 (Bergen County).
* November 14th – Thursday – New Jersey Boxing Hall of Fame 44th Annual Dinner and Induction Ceremonies at the beautiful Venetian, located at 546 River Drive, Garfield, New Jersey starting at 7:00p.m. Tickets are priced at ONLY $85.00 per person. Fourteen (14) of Boxing’s finest will be inducted in the New Jersey Boxing Hall of Fame, and they are as follows: Marvelous Marvin Hagler, Mike Tyson, Ray Mercer, Bernard Fernandez, Joe Gatti, Gabe LaConte, Julie Lederman, Sal Lopez, Carl Moretti, Barbara Perez, Frank Savannah and Otho Tyson. Posthumous Harry Ertle and Carlos Hernandez. Also, the NEW JERSEY BOXING HALL OF FAME will be honoring our Senior Amateur, Junior Olympic Amateur & Professional Boxer of the Year as well as the Amateur Official & Coach of the Year Plus our “2013 Man of the Year,” (Poochie Hill)… PLUS Essay Winner Awards!!!!!!
* November 15th to 17th – Senior Regionals
* November 20th – Wednesday – Election of Officers for the years 2014-2015.
* December 14th – Saturday – UFC/Paramus
Weigh-ins 4:30 Boxing begins at 7 PM – Pre-Matches Contact Mike Rizzo 201-638-2613
Thanks, President, Henry Hascup – 59 Kipp Ave., Lodi, N.J. 07644
1-973-471-2458 – firstname.lastname@example.org – Fax 1-973-470-8301